INDIANAPOLIS (Friday, May 12, 2023) – Dale Coyne Racing with RWR rookie Sting Ray Robb (#51 Biohaven) took to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course on Saturday and qualified 22nd for tomorrow’s race, as the team continued to make progress throughout the day.
- Robb went out in a competitive Group 2 during Segment 1 of qualifying.
- He registered his fastest lap of 1:10.2747 on the alternate Firestone tire on his fifth timed lap of the 2.439-mile, 14-turn road course.
- His fast lap placed him seventh upon crossing the timing line, but he ended 11th in his group at the end of the 10-minute qualifying segment.
- Robb has known success on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course in past racing series, winning three times in USF Pro 2000 and picking up five podium finishes and two pole positions.
- He also finished twice on the podium in INDY NXT presented by Firestone.
- The GMR Grand Prix goes green at 3:45pm ET and will be broadcast live on NBC.
Sting Ray Robb #51 Biohaven Honda – Dale Coyne Racing with RWR
“We just finished up qualifying here at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course. I love this place! It’s such an awesome racetrack, and any time you get to drive at the Brickyard is special. Qualifying didn’t go as we wanted, but we’re making steps forward and we learned a lot once again today. We’ll keep learning and making progress in the warm-up tomorrow and be ready for the race. Hopefully the rain stays away tomorrow, fingers crossed for that! Good job to the team, everyone is working hard.”