Leeds, Alabama (Sunday, April 30, 2023) – Dale Coyne Racing with RWR rookie Sting Ray Robb may have seen his race end early on Sunday but he came out of the weekend with a positive outlook thanks to all the progress he and the team made at Barber Motorsports Park during this year’s Children’s of Alabama Indy Grand Prix.
- Robb immediately gained a couple of positions at the start of the race to move into 21st place.
- He then gained another position on the second lap to enter the top 20.
- Robb and the DCR with RWR team opted for a three-stop strategy for the 90-lap event.
- The rookie entered pit lane from 20th on Lap 13 for his first stop.
- The #51 Biohaven driver then made it all the way to 13th before returning to pit lane for his second stop on Lap 30.
- Unfortunately for Robb, his engine cut out a few times before coming to a complete stop on Lap 37.
- Unable to continue in the race, Robb ended in 27th place.
- Next up for the Dale Coyne Racing with RWR crew will be the GMR Grand Prix at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on May 12 and 13, 2023.
Sting Ray Robb #51 Biohaven Honda – Dale Coyne Racing with RWR
“The No. 51. Biohaven Honda did not have a great day today, but we made a lot of progress throughout the weekend though. We rolled off for warm up this morning with a top 15 car, so hats off to the team. They did a great job getting the car where I needed it to be and where I wanted it to be. We were confident heading into the race. We were making moves and going forward but the engine cut out a couple of times and ended up shutting off and unfortunately that put an end to our day as we weren’t able to continue. Up until then we had pace, I’m so proud of the team. We’re making a lot of progress and I’m excited for the next road course at Indy in a couple of weeks.”