Leeds, Alabama (Saturday, April 29, 2023) – Dale Coyne Racing with RWR rookie Sting Ray Robb qualified 23rd for tomorrow’s Children’s of Alabama Indy Grand Prix as he continues to make progress aboard his #51 Biohaven powered Honda.
- The rookie went out in Group 1 of qualifying on the alternate Firestone tire and registered an initial fast lap of 1:06.7692 which placed him sixth before heading to pit lane for a fresh set of tires.
- Robb once again choose the alternate tire for this second qualifying run and improved his lap time to 1:06.5925 on his seventh and final lap of the 2.3-mile, 17 turn picturesque road course.
- The time placed him 12th in his group and 23rd on the starting grid.
- Robb is making his first NTT INDYCAR SERIES appearance at Barber Motorsports Park this weekend, but he previously competed at the track in Indy NXT with a best finish of third last season.
- The Children’s of Alabama Indy Grand Prix will go green on Sunday, April 30 at 2:30pm local time.
Sting Ray Robb #51 Biohaven Honda – Dale Coyne Racing with RWR
“Not where we wanted to be today. We had a better car than where we ended up. I know that we’ve made big steps forward and that progress has been made so I’m excited about that. We have some room to grow. I’m looking forward to the race tomorrow, our used tire runs are pretty good. Everyone has been working hard and I’m confident we’ll move forward in the race. We just have to stay clean and stay consistent.”