Long Beach, CA (Sunday, April 16, 2023) – Dale Coyne Racing with RWR driver Sting Ray Robb (#51 Biohaven) was looking to move forward in the Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach on Sunday and that’s what he did after climbing to 18th from his 21st place on the starting grid.
- Robb gained a position at the start of the 85-lap event but ended up losing a position by the time a full course caution came out on Lap 20.
- The rookie took advantage of the caution to make his first pit stop on Lap 22.
- Unfortunately, Robb was then penalized for a pit lane speed violation which sent him to the back of the field.
- He was running 24th when racing resumed on Lap 26.
- Robb then made his way up to 19th before making his second pit stop on Lap 54.
- The rookie continued to run strong for the remainder of the race, taking the checkered flag for the first time this season in 18th.
- The next race for Sting Ray Robb will be the Children’s of Alabama Indy Grand Prix at Barber Motorsports Park, April 28 to 30, 2023.
- Robb will also be on track April 20th and 21st at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for an NTT INDYCAR SERIES Open Test
Sting Ray Robb #51 Biohaven Honda – Dale Coyne Racing with RWR
“The race was incredible. We went forward a few spots but that was a lot of hard work for just a few spots gained. Huge shout out to the crew. They did a good job to keep me going and we stayed out of trouble and stayed off the wall. So, I’m happy with that, we’re moving forward and I’m excited for Barber.”