Long Beach, CA (Saturday, April 15, 2023) – Dale Coyne Racing with RWR driver Sting Ray Robb (#51 Biohaven) qualified 21st on Saturday, for what will be his first Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach.
- The rookie, who is making his first ever appearance on the streets of Long Beach went out in Group 1 of qualifying.
- He was sitting seventh when a red flag interrupted the session while he was on his third timed lap.
- The rookie registered his fastest qualifying time on his seventh lap with a time of 1:07.9105.
- His time initially placed him seventh.
- He ended up 11th in his group when all cars had taken the checkered.
- The Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach will go green on Sunday, April 16 at 12:45pm local time.
Sting Ray Robb #51 Biohaven Honda – Dale Coyne Racing with RWR
“We just finished up qualifying. We’re making improvements, I’m learning a lot while we’re here. This track is all new to me so I’m just trying to figure out what I need from the car and what the car needs from me. We’re going to roll off pretty well tomorrow. We know what we’re capable of doing and I think we’ll be able to go forward in the field. We just have to stay clean and stay off the walls. (Thoughts on the Long Beach circuit) The track is pretty good, I have to say. There’s a lot of bumps and curves and curbs and everything else in between. It’s all the joys of a street course, it’s pretty exciting. It’s a handful, but I do enjoy it. It’s nice and flowing and has a good rhythm to it.”