Fort Worth, Texas (Sunday, April 2, 2023) – David Malukas (#18 HMD Dale Coyne Racing with HMD Motorsports) picked up his best finish of the season with a strong run to fourth place at Texas Motor Speedway on Sunday.
- Malukas ran in the top 10 for the entire race but it was in his final stint that he moved into the top 5 and within reach of a podium finish.
- Prior to that, he ran strong all race battling the cars around him and maintaining his position with the front runners.
- Malukas took advantage of a caution period with 40 laps remaining to pit for new tires.
- He returned to the track still in 8th place following his stop.
- He was running 7th when another caution came out with 27 laps to go and was 5th when the race resumed with 12 laps remaining.
- He moved into fourth after the restart and was battling with Alex Palou for third when a final caution came out with two laps to go.
- The race ended under caution with Malukas in fourth place.
- With today’s finish, Malukas has a pair of top 10 finishes in two starts this season and lies sixth in the Championship.
David Malukas, #18 Dale Coyne Racing with HMD Motorsports Honda
“My quote for the entire weekend is beautiful chaos. I don’t even know how to put it into words. That was a really good race, so much fun. We had a car that was strong enough to be racing at the front. It was the top three teams with McLaren, Ganassi, Penske and then us at Dale Coyne Racing with HMD Motorsports. It was a blast. Thank you so much to the team and Honda, everyone did an amazing job this weekend. What a great way to start the season with two top ten finishes in a row.”