Fort Worth, Texas (Saturday, April 1, 2023) – Dale Coyne Racing with RWR driver Sting Ray Robb took part in his first NTT INDYCAR SERIES oval qualifying on Saturday at Texas Motor Speedway. The rookie placed his #51 Biohaven machine 23rd on the starting grid for tomorrow’s race.
Two-lap average: 217.676 mph
- The rookie is making his first appearance at the Texas Motor Speedway this weekend.
- He was the 13th of 28 drivers to qualify.
- He registered a first lap of 217.798 mph and a second lap of 217.554 mph.
- His two-lap average of 217.676 mph initially placed him 11th.
- Once all cars had made their qualifying attempt, Robb ended up 23rd on the grid for Sunday’s PPG 375.
- Robb was 17th on the time charts at the end of final practice.
- The PPG 375 goes green at 11:15am local time (12:15pm ET) on Sunday, April 2, 2023.
Sting Ray Robb #51 Biohaven Honda – Dale Coyne Racing with RWR
“We just finished up final practice here, and wow, this place is insane. I don’t know what it’s going to be like tomorrow for the race, with 28 cars out there. Overall, though, I think we learned a lot today. Qualifying wasn’t near as good as I wanted it to be. David (Malukas) did a good job qualifying in the top 10, but we’re lacking some speed to him. Our race running seemed pretty good though. I’m learning a lot about aero wash and tire degradation. It’s all the things that go into making a good time around here. But yeah, it gets busy really fast out there, so dealing with traffic was fun, and interesting. Now we’re going to go back and review everything and hopefully get better for tomorrow.”