Lexington, OH (Saturday, July 2, 2022) – Takuma Sato (#51 Nurtec ODT) and his Dale Coyne Racing with RWR team will be starting from the 10th row in tomorrow’s Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio after qualifying 19th on Saturday.
Round 1 / Group 1:
Best Lap: 1:07.4645
- Sato is making his 14th start at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course this weekend.
- He took to the track in Group 1 /Round 1 of qualifying and spent the first part of the session in the top five.
- He registered his fastest lap time of 1:07.4645 on his sixth lap.
- His lap time was good enough for 10th in his group which places him 19th on the starting grid.
- His best start at the 2.258-mile, 13-turn road course was a third in 2017.
- He has two top 5 finishes at the track with a best finish of 4th (2011).
- In eight races this season, Sato has a best finish of seventh at the GMR Grand Prix and a best start of second in Detroit.
Takuma Sato #51 Nurtec ODT Honda – Dale Coyne Racing with RWR
“Qualifying was a little bit frustrating. Things didn’t come together for us in practice, so we had to change the car for qualifying and I think in the end it was not enough to adjust for the conditions. David (Malukas) did a good job qualifying in the Top 10 but for my side it’s a shame I couldn’t get through to the next round. The field is very, very tight and we still have the warmup session tomorrow. We’ll try our best tomorrow and hope for a good race.”