St. Petersburg, Fl (Sunday, February 27, 2022) – Dale Coyne Racing with RWR’s Takuma Sato had a great run aboard his #51 Nurtec ODT Honda at the Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, moving up from his 22nd place on the starting grid to finish 10th in what was his 200th NTT INDYCAR SERIES race.
• Sato was taking part in his 200th NTT INDYCAR SERIES race weekend in St. Petersburg, FL this weekend, but his first with Dale Coyne Racing with RWR.
• Right from the start Sato gained four positions on the opening lap and moved forward from then on.
• He was the biggest mover in the race, moving up from his 22nd place on the starting grid to finish in 10th.
• The driver of the #51 Nurtec ODT machine took advantage of a caution period on Lap 25 to make his first pit stop and elected for a two-stop strategy in the 100-lap event.
• He made his final pit stop from seventh place on lap 65.
• Following his last stop, he fell to 15th but then made his way back into the top 10 on Lap 74.
Takuma Sato #51 Nurtec ODT Honda – Dale Coyne Racing with RWR
“A top 10 finish for my first race with Dale Coyne Racing with RWR. The boys did a fantastic job. We had a difficult weekend to start with and qualifying wasn’t ideal. We were starting near the back of the grid and we gradually moved up. We had a fun start and made a couple of places up and had a solid performance in every stint. Normally a lot of things happen in St. Petersburg but it didn’t this year. We had the biggest mover of the race so that was fantastic. It was a great effort from the team. I’m really looking forward to the next race in Texas. This weekend went really well and I’m settling in well with the team.”