Santino Ferrucci Race 1 Summary:
• Santino Ferrucci is determined to get the SealMaster Honda in the top-10 in tomorrow’s second half of the Honda Indy 200 doubleheader following a 14th place finish in Race 1 on the 2.258-mile, 13-turn Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course permanent road circuit in Lexington, Ohio.
• Ferrucci qualified 14th for Race 1 with a time of 1:07.5011. He started on the outside of Row 7.
• Ferrucci quickly moved just inside the top-10, getting as high as fourth (as other cars pitted), prior to his first pit stop.
• He rejoined the race in 13th place where he remained for almost the entire second stint.
• Ferrucci ran the entire last stint in 14th place, where he finished.
Santino Ferrucci Race 1 Quote:
“It was a very physical race. We had a really good start and the SealMaster crew did a good job in the pits. We tried some things with the setup in practice this morning, but it’s hard with minimal track time. We just have to focus on tomorrow and get the car in the top-10.”
Santino Ferrucci Fast Facts:
• Ferrucci earned 16 points today and is now 10th in the IndyCar championship standings with 232 points.
• Ferrucci has finished in the top-10 in five of the 10 races during the 2020 season with a season high fourth in the Indianapolis 500, two sixth place finishes, both at Road America, and a ninth place showing in the GMR Grand Prix.
• Ferrucci is contesting his second full NTT IndyCar season and first with Dale Coyne w/ Vasser-Sullivan.
• The 2020 Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio Race 1 was Ferrucci’s 31st career NTT IndyCar Series starts and second at the Mid-Ohio SportsCar Course.
• In two races at Mid-Ohio, Ferrucci has qualified 14th twice and has a best finish of 12th in his Mid-Ohio debut last year.
• In 31 career IndyCar starts, Ferrucci has four top-five finishes. Fourth in the 2020 Indy 500 and fourth at Texas Motor Speedway, Pocono Raceway and World Wide Technology Raceway, all in 2019)
• Ferrucci, 22, is a native of Woodbury, Connecticut. He resides in Port St. Lucie, Florida.
Round 11 of the 2020 NTT IndyCar Series season will be the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio Race 2, September 13, at the Mid-Ohio SportsCar Course in Lexington, Ohio.